Resilient Cities – The Annual Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation – is hosted every year in Bonn.
In 2010 ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, the World Mayors Council on Climate Change and the City of Bonn, Germany launched Resilient Cities, the first forum on cities and adaptation to climate change (in 2012 renamed as Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation).
More than 500 participants and beyond 30 partners each year helped make Resilient Cities a milestone event connecting local government leaders and climate adaptation experts to discuss adaptation challenges facing urban environments around the globe.
Resilient Cities also supports the annual Bonn Declaration of Mayors – written by local leaders during the Mayors Adaptation Forum, organized with the World Mayors Council on Climate Change.
- Digitalization & Resilience
- Climate change: Cities & small island developing states
- Community shift towards sustainable and resilient lifestyles
- New data and developments in climate science
- Achieving social cohesive and inclusive societies