Emergency Preparedness & Disaster News
We have included this section to help ground resilience theory and concepts in a context of practical applications and current events. Short excerpts are provided from live RSS feeds reporting global emergency preparedness and disaster news. The feeds update every two hours and include the following:
- Emergency Response: reports from the Global Disaster Alert Organization and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Hazards: reports natural hazards from the NASA Earth Observatory.
- Earthquakes: reports global earthquakes from the Volcano Discovery website.
- Transportation: reports from the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board.
- Volcanoes: reports global volcano activity from the Volcano Discovery website.
- Weather: reports from the U.S. National Weather Service.
Scroll the pages and click on the ‘Read More’ link to access more information. This also provides access to a link for the source website. We are continuously updating the disaster news feeds so please contact us to recommend other news sources to include.